You can use the remote control's device keys to
control these types of devices:
|Device Key to
||VCR or PVR (Personal
||Cable converter or
||DVD or LD Player
|Setting Up Your Remote Control
- Refer to Manufacturers Codes above and write down the code(s) for the
brand of each device you want to program on the supplied label.
Note: Some manufacturers have several codes listed. Try each until you find the right one.
- Turn on all your home entertainment devices.
- On the remote control, press the desired device key (TV, VCR, CBL/SAT, or DVD).
For TV/VCR combinations, press VCR and use the VCR code listed for your model under
"TV-VCR Combo Codes". If your TV/VCR combination also lists a TV code, you must
program the TV separately by repeating Steps 3-5 to add volume control. In Step 4, press
TV, then in step 5 enter the TV code.
- Hold down P until the remotes red light blinks twice, then release P. Enter the
first 4-digit manufacturers code for the desired device. When the red light blinks
twice, the remote control has accepted the code.
For example, to set up the remote
control of a Panasonic TV (manufacturers code 0051), press TV, hold down P until the
red light blinks twice, then release P and press 0 0 5 1.
Note: If you entered the code incorrectly, the red light emits one long blink.
- Point the remote control at the desired device and press POWER. The device should turn
If the remote control does not operate your device, try the other codes listed in
Manufacturers Codes for your brand of device.
- Repeat Steps 35 to program other devices.
Note: If the remote control does not
operate all device functions, try using another code in the list that may be more
More RadioShack Remote Control Codes Can Be Found Here.